To make the students to participate in the development of the institute and develop their career, personality and organizational skills through interactive programs with the faculty, administration and society.
i) One student from each section of I/IV. B.Tech.
ii) One student from each Branch of II/IV. B.Tech.
iii) One student from each Branch of III/IV B.Tech.
iv) One student from each Branch of IV/IV. B.Tech.
v) One M.Tech. Student from each Engineering Department.
vi) One P.G.student from each Science Department.
vii) One student from M.C.A.Course.
viii) One student from M.B.A. course.
ix) One student from Research Scholars.
xi) Five students are to be nominated by the director representing various
Sections of student community such as foreign students, girl students etc.
Dean, Students’ Affairs.
FINAL Year B.Tech. Student from the council member
VICE PRESIDENTS (TWO)
1. One M.Tech. Student from Council Members.
2. One from other P.G. students from Council Members.
GENERAL SECRETARY (ONE)
THIRD year B.Tech. Student from Council Members.
1. One from SECOND year B.Tech. Student from Council Members.
2. One from FIRST year B.Tech. Student from Council Members.
3. One from nominated members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COUNCIL:
i) Calling applications from Poor students for financial aid and scrutinizing & recommending the eligible candidates to the Institute authorities for sanction of financial aid from Student Aid Fund.
ii) Smooth Conduction of the Institute Annual Day every year.
iii) Smooth conduction of Foundation Day every year.
iv) Conducting Fresher’s day every year.
v) Prevention of ragging in the campus through counseling senior students, helping the administration whenever necessary.
vi) Suggesting the administration to improve the student amenities to improve their career and personality building.
vii) Helping the administration in smooth conduct of student activities on the campus.
viii) Guiding the junior and needy students to improve their technical, organizational and managerial skills by organizing seminars/ symposia/ work shops etc.
ix) Encouraging innovative and creative skills of the under graduate and post graduate students.
x) Organize the programs in the campus to improve the cleanliness and greenery in campus.
xi) Any activity to improve the knowledge and skills of the campus students.
xii) Maintenance of the peace and harmony among campus community in
General and student community in particular.
xiii) Conduct expert lectures from eminent persons in the society for personality development ,career development, skill development, and
Broaden their vision.
SELECTION OF STUDENTS FOR COUNCIL.
• During second week of first semester of every academic year, the student representative will be elected by each class as mentioned in the composition.
• The date of election will be intimated by the Dean of Students’ Affairs well before the actual date.
• The Faculty in-charge of each class will go to the class and call for applications from the students and conducts election and announces the result immediately. The elected candidate will represent the class in the council for that academic year.
• For P.G. students representation, the concerned H.O.D will conduct election
• After the class representative elections are over, the students’ council is constituted by order of the Director on the recommendation of Dean, Students’ Affairs.
• The Dean, Students’ Affairs will conduct election for the office bearers of the council in an indirect election procedure followed where office bearers will be elected by all the elected class representatives.
• The STUDENTS’ COUNCIL will start functioning after taking the oath.
The Students’ Council ceases to exist after the institute day for that academic year. Anyways the General Secretary acts as the medium between the students and the administration until the oath of the next council.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES:
• Under graduate students between the ages of 17 to 22 years may contest selections. For P.G. Students the maximum age limit would be 25 years.
• The research students the maximum age should be 28 years.
• Candidate should in no event have any academic arrears in the year of contesting the selection.
• The candidate should have attained the minimum percentage of attendance as prescribed by the institute in previous years.
(This rule is not applicable to first year students of U.G. and P.G. students.)
• The candidate shall not have a previous criminal record.
• The candidate shall not have been subject any disciplinary action by the Institute authorities.
• The candidate must be a regular, full time student of the Institute.
• The candidate should not have any dues either to Institute or Hostels.
CODE OF CONDUCT OF CANDIDATES:
• No candidate shall create mutual hatred or cause tension between different castes and communities, religious or linguistic or between any group(s) of students.
• Candidates shall refrain from criticism of all aspects of private life not connected with the public activities of other candidates.
• No candidate shall be permitted to make use of print material for the purposes of canvassing.
• No candidate shall be permitted to carry procession or public meeting.
• No candidate shall, nor shall his/her supporters, deface or cause any destruction to any property of the Institute.
• All candidates shall be prohibited from indulging or abetting, all activities which are considered to be corrupt practices and offences.
• In general, all candidates must obey the code of conduct of candidates
Mentioned under 6.7 of recommendations of Mr. J.M. Lyngdoh committee report “Recommendations and suggestions relating to Student’s Union Elections”.
• All activities of students and candidates will come under the scrutiny of recommendations of Mr. J.M. Lyngdoh committee report “Recommendations and suggestions relating to Student’s Union Elections”.
Students Council is working hard for the welfare of student community. Taking into the consideration of present requirements of students, we have initiated the following activities:-
Targets To Be Completed During This Year Term
1) Online Registrations
2) Student Email Ids
3) Website Development, Maintenance And Linking of their Websites
The STUDENTS’ COUNCIL has nominated the following final year class representatives as the secretaries to works and these secretaries along with the President, students’ council shall act as the working body of the council.
These secretaries are formed to ensure that all the responsibilities are shared among the council members and to help in the effective functioning of the STUDENTS’ COUNCIL.
All the students are requested to contact the council only through the concerned secretaries. The students can feel free to contact the council for any further assistance through the secretary concerned and also report to the council for any negligence of any secretary.
All the concerned administrative officers are requested to please cooperate with the secretaries.
These secretaries will be in office until any further orders from STUDENTS’ COUNCIL.