Interests: Biophysics, Soft Condensed Matter Physics, Computational Physics, Statistical Physics
Job Opportunities: We are looking for a JRF/PhD student to work on the modeling of soft matter and biophysical systems.
Please refer to the following link for the application procedure: https://www.nitw.ac.in/
Research Interest: Our research focuses on addressing problems in the interface of physics and biology by developing physical and computational models. Some specific topics of interest are as follows: (i) Diffusion in a crowded confined environment, (ii)Statistical physics of biopolymers: shapes, dynamics, and translocation of model polymers, (iii) Effect of crowding on the configurations of DNA, (iv) 2D polymer network as a model for hydrogel.
– Surya K Ghosh and Daniel Jost, Briefings in Functional Genomics, Oxford, 19 (2), 119-127 (2020)
– Surya K. Ghosh* and Daniel Jost, PLoS Comput Biol, 14(5), e1006159 (2018)
* Corresponding Author.
– Surya K. Ghosh, A. G. Cherstvy, Denis Grebenkov, R. Metzler, New J. Phys., 18, 013027 (2016)
– Surya K. Ghosh, Andrey Cherstvy, Eugene P. Petrov, Ralf Metzler, Soft Matter, 12, 7908 (2016)
– Cover: It has been featured on the front cover page of the Soft Matter journal.
– Highlight: Selected in the August 7th, 2016 online issue of Assembly Papers.
– Surya K. Ghosh, Andrey G. Cherstvy, Ralf Metzler, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 17, 1847 (2015)
– Surya K. Ghosh, Andrey G. Cherstvy, Ralf Metzler, J. Chem. Phys., 141, 074903 (2014)
– Kulveer Singh, Surya K. Ghosh, Sanjay Kumar, Anirban Sain, Europhys. Lett., 100, 68004 (2012)
– Surya K. Ghosh, Tapanendu Kundu, Anirban Sain, Phys. Rev. E., 86, 051910 (2012)
– Surya K. Ghosh, Kulveer Singh, Anirban Sain, Phys. Rev. E., 80, 051904 (2009)
– Highlight: Selected for the Nov 15th, 2009 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics.
FDP-Recent Trends in Computer Simulations for Applications in Biotechnology, Dept of Biotech, NIT-Warangal, Aug 2020
Chennai, India, EESTER-2018, IIT Madras & SRM-IST, Sept 2018
Nice, France, Conference on “Computational Principles to Organize Complexity”, June 2018
Millau, France, GDR-ADN, April 2018
Paris, France, “Conference on Nuclear Architecture”, March 2017
Lyon, France, Ecole Normal Superior (ENS), March 2017
Grenoble, France, University of Grenoble Alpes, November 2015
Berlin, Germany, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin, July 2015
Paris, France, Paris Statistical Physics Meet, January 2015
Potsdam, Germany, Potsdam Colloquium on Bioanalysis, November 2013
Chennai, India, Indian Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), April 2010
Mumbai, India, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), June 2009
Trieste, Italy, International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), September 2008