Interests: Bioinformatics, Systems biology, Next Generation Sequencing, Molecular Modeling, Molecular Dynamics & Simulations, Drug Design and Discovery, Machine Learning, Data Science, Bigdata, High Performance Computing (HPC).
Ph.D. (Bioinformatics), University of Hyderabad and Osmania, Hyderabad, Telanagana, India
M.Tech (Bioinformatics), University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telanagana, India
PGDBI (Bioinformatics), Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telanagana, India
Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology, National Instituite of Technology, Warangal, Telangana, India.
2013 - 2018: Scientist-B , ICMR- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
2010-13: Lecturer, School of Information Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad(JNTUH), Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Websites & Databases Developed:
Count What You Eat
Foodborne Diseases Surveillance Portal (FBDSP)
1) Srinivas B, Shyam P, David KGL. Regioselective synthesis of novel 2-((1- Benzyl-1H- 1, 2, 3-triazol- 4-yl) methyl)-5-(2H- chromen-3- yl)-2H- tetrazoles by click reaction, in vitro antibacterial, antioxidant and molecular docking studies. Russian Journal of Bioorganic Chemistry, 2018, 44, 2, 244 -251.
2) Sonyanaik Banoth, Shyam P, Sakram Boda. Green Synthesis of Fused Imidazo [1,2- a][1,8]naphthyridine Derivatives Catalyzed by DABCO under Solvent-Free Solid-State Conditions and Their Biological Evaluation. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 2018. DOI 10.1002/jhet.3092.
3) Bhookya Shankar, Pochampally Jalapathi, Balabadra Saikrishna, Shaym P, Vijjulatha Manga. Synthesis, anti-microbial activity, cytotoxicity of some novel substituted (5- (3- (1H-benzo[d] imidazol-2-yl)-4-hydroxybenzyl) benzofuran-2-yl)(phenyl) methanone analogs. Chemistry Central Journal.2018, 12:1. doi.10.1186/s13065-017-0364-3.
4) Sonyanaik B, Sakram B, Shyam P, Saikrishna B, Vijjulatha M. Design, synthesis, biological evaluation and in silico molecular docking studies of novel benzochromeno [2,3- d] thiazolopyrimidine derivatives. Res Chem Intermed. 2017; DOI; 10.1007/s11164-017-3201-3.
5) B. Sakram, B. Sonyanaik, K. Ashok, S. Rambabu, D. Ravi, A. Kurumanna, Shyam P. Eco- friendly synthesis of 1, 8-naphthyridine 5-aryl-1, 3, 4-oxadiazole derivatives under solvent-free solidstate conditions and their antimicrobial activity. Res Chem Intermed, 2016, DOI 10.1007/s11164-016-2736-z.
6) Ismail A, Noolu B, Gogulothu R, Shaym P, Rajanna A, Babu SK. Cytotoxicity and proteasome inhibition by alkaloid extract from Murraya koenigii leaves in breast cancer cells - molecular docking studies. J Med Food. 2016; 19(12):1155-1165.
7) Sakram B, Sonyanaik B, Ashok K, Rambabu S, Ravi D, Kurumanna, Shyam P. Eco-friendly synthesis of 1, 8-naphthyridine 5-aryl-1, 3, 4-oxadiazole derivatives under solvent-free solid- state conditions and their antimicrobial activity. Res Chem Intermed. DOI 10.1007/s11164-016-2736-z.
8) Gopinath G, Sankeshi V, Shaym P, Alaparthi MD, Bandaru S, Pasala VK, Chittineni PR, Krupadanam GLD, Sagurthi SR. Design and synthesis of chiral 2H-chromene-N-imidazolo-amino acid conjugates as aldose reductase inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2016; 124:750-762.
9) Ramakrishna U. V., Shyam P, Sinha S. N., Vakdevi V. Drug-Repositioning of the gallate group from EGCG for the repurposing. Eur J Pharm Med Res. 2016; 3(7), 253-262.
10) Sukesh N S, Paritosh K. K, Shyam P, RamaKrishna U V. Adefovir dipivoxil A possible regimen for the treatment of dengue virus (DENV) infection. Chemometr Intell Lab Syst. 2016; 155, 120 -127.
11) Ravi M, Chennam KP, Ushaiah B, Eslavath RK, Shaym P, Ajumeera R, Devi ChS. A Study on Spectro-Analytical Aspects, DNA- Interaction, Photo-Cleavage, Radical Scavenging, Cytotoxic Activities, Antibacterial and Docking Properties of 3 - (1 - (6 - methoxybenzo [d] thiazol - 2 - ylimino) ethyl) - 6 - methyl - 3H - pyran - 2, 4 - dione and its Metal Complexes. J Fluoresc. 2015; 25(5):1279-96.
12) Shyam P,Veerababu N, Manjula B. Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using leaf extract medicinally potent plant Saraca indica: a novel study. Appl Nanosci.2016; 6, 5, 747-753.
13) Shaym P, Radhikavemula, Vishnu VardhanaRao M.Walnut pedunculagin a probable serm for breast cancer treatment. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci; 7, 1, 2015.
14) Gopinath G, Someswar RS, Shyam P, Achaiah G, Krupadanam G. L. Rational design and synthesis of novel 2-substituted-2H- hromen-3-yl)-5-aryl-1Himidazole derivatives as an anti- angiogenesis and anti-cancer agent. RSC Adv. 2014; 4, 56489.
15) Ushaiah B, leela DS, Ravi M, Anupama B, Shaym P, Kumari CG. Synthesis, Characterization, Antibacterial, DNA Binding and Cleavage Studies of Mixed Ligand Cu (II), Co (II) Complexes. J Fluoresc. 2014; 24(6):1687-99.
16) Chandrasai P, Shaym P, Durga B. Deciphering the sequence alignment by Needleman-Wunsch algorithm on to reduce computational time Via High Performance Computing. IJCSMC. 2014; 3(6), 741-753.
17) Chetan N, Sravani E, Venu R, Shaym P, Ravindranath, Dinesh Kumar. Role of in-silico COX2 molecular docking bioinformatics tool and in-vivo carrageenan induced various inflammatory phase in mouse and rat models, in evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of molecules. Intern Jour of Phar Res Rev. 2014; 3(4):57-65.
18) Tipirisetti NR, Govatati S, Pullari P, Malempati S, Thupurani MK, Shaym P, Guruvaiah P, Rao K L, Digumarti RR, Nallanchakravarthula V, Bhanoori M, Satti V. Mitochondrial Control Region Alterations and Breast Cancer Risk: A Study in South Indian Population. PLoS One. 2014; 9(1):e85363.
19) Shyam P, Harika J, Manjula B. SSViewer: Sequence Structure Viewer. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. 2013; 3(4), 2278-3075.
20) Padmavathi A.V, Shyam P, Manohar Rao D. In Silico Characterization of 14 - 3-3 Protein Identified In Peanut (ArachisHypogaea L.) Under Drought Stress. International
Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. 2013; 3(4), 2278-3075.
21) Govatati S, Tipirisetti NR, Shaym P, Kodati VL, Deenadayal M, Satti V, Bhanoori M, ShivajiS.Association of Mitochondrial Genome Variations and Haplogroups with Advanced Stage Endometriosis in Indian Women. PLoS One. 2012;7(7):e40668.
22) Shyam P, Purushottam N, Shaik SN. ECDB- A database for endometrial cancer. Journal of Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics (JCIB). 2012; 5, 161-167.
Achievements and Awards:
Awarded N-PDF fellowship in 2015.
Awarded UGC-BSR meritorious fellowship in 2013.
Awarded GATE fellowship in 2011.