Interests: Image Processing; Medical Imaging; Computer Vision; Deep Learning and Machine Learning
I am an Assistant Professor in the department of Computer Science and Engineering, NIT Warangal. Previously, I was a post-doctoral researcher at the Department of Computer Science, ETS, University of Quebec, Canada , at the Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan and at the Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad I completed my Ph.D at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
1. M. Srinivas, and R. Ramu Naidu, Sparse approximation of overdetermined systems for content based image retrieval," International Conference on Recent Developments in Mathematical Analysis and its Applications, Springer, IIT Roorkee, India, 2014.
1. Debaditya Roy, M. Srinivas and C. Krishna Mohan, Sparsity-inducing dictionaries for effective action classification, Pattern Recognition, Elsevier Journal. 2016.03.011. (Impact factor 4.5 )
2. M. Srinivas, Tony Basil, and C. Krishna Mohan. "Adaptive learning based heartbeat classification," Bio-medical materials and engineering, Vol 26.(1-2), pp. 49-55, Oct 2015. (2015 impact factor 1.091)
3. M. Srinivas, R. Ramu Naidu, C.S. Sastry and C. Krishna Mohan, "Content Based Medical Image Retrieval Using Dictionary Learning," Neurocomputing Elsevier Journal, Vol. 168, pp. 880-895, 2015. (Impact factor 3.3 )
1. M. Srinivas, Yen-Yu Lin and Hong-Yuan Mark Liao, "Deep Features and Sparse Representation Based Fine-Grained Image Classification" , Proc. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME 2017), Hongkong.
2. M. Srinivas, Yen-Yu Lin and Hong-Yuan Mark Liao, "Deep Dictionary Learning for Fine-Grained Image Classification", Proc. ICIP 2017, Bijing, China.
3. M. Srinivas, Debaditya Roy and C. Krishna Mohan, "Discriminative Feature Extraction of X-ray Images using Deep Neural Networks," Proc. 41st IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2016), Shanghai , China, Mar 2016.
4. M. Srinivas and C. Krishna Mohan, "Classification of Medical Images Using Edge Based Features and Sparse Representation," Proc. 41st IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2016), Shanghai , China, Mar 2016.
5. M. Srinivas and C. Krishna Mohan, "Multi-level classification : A generic classification method for medical data sets," Proc. 17th IEEE International Conference on E-health Networking, Application & Services (Healthcom 2015), Boston, USA, 14-17 Oct 2015.
6. M. Srinivas, Ramkrishna Bharath, Pachamuthu Rajalakshmi and C. Krishna Mohan, "Sparseland Model for Speckle Suppression of B-mode Ultrasound Images," Proc. IEEE National Conference on Communication (NCC-2015) IIT Bombay, India.
7. Debaditya Roy, M. Srinivas and C. Krishna Mohan, "Human Action Recognition based on Sparse representation using on-line dictionary learning," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Perception and Machine Intelligence , Kolkata, India, Feb. 2015.
8. R. Ramu Naidu, M. Srinivas and C.S. Sastry, "Ternary Sensing Matrices For Identifying Sparse Patterns In Data: Construction and Application to Image Retrieval," Proc. Int. Conf. on Applications of Fractals and Wavelets, India 2015.
9. Shyju Wilson, M. Srinivas and C. Krishna Mohan, "Dictionary based action video classification with action bank," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Digital Signal Processing (19th DSP 2014), Hong Kong, Aug. 2014.
10. M. Srinivas and C. Krishna Mohan, "Medical Images Modality Classification using Multi-scale Dictionary Learning," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Digital Signal Processing (19th DSP 2014), Hong Kong, Aug. 2014.
11. M. Srinivas, Debaditya Roy and C. Krishna Mohan, "Music Genre Classification using On-line Dictionary Learning," Proc Int. Conf, Neural Networks (IJCNN), The 2014 International Joint IEEE Conference, Beijing, China, IJCNN 2014 .
12. M. Srinivas , Debaditya Roy, and C. Krishna Mohan, "Learning Sparse Dictionaries for Music and Speech Classification," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. On Digital Signal Processing (19th DSP 2014), Hong Kong, Aug. 2014.
13. M. Srinivas and C. Krishna Mohan, "Medical Image Indexing and Retrieval Using Multiple Features," Proc. Int. Conf, Computational Intelligence and Information Technology (CIIT 2013, Elsevier), Mumbai, October 2013.
14. M. Srinivas and Dr C. KrishnaMohan, "Efficient Clustering Approach using Incremental and Hierarchical Clustering Methods", Proc Int. Conf, Neural Networks (IJCNN), The 2010 International Joint IEEE Conference, Barcelona.
15. M. Srinivas , K.P.Supreethi and Dr. E.V.Prasad ,"Efficient Text Classification using Best Feature Selection and Combination Methods", Springer HIPC International Conference , (HCI 2009).
Worshops/Training Programmes Attended:
1. A two-day Workshop on ,"Linux Environment for Educational Institutions", was conducted on Nov 22, 2007 and Nov 23, 2007.
2. A 4-day Workshop on IBM (RATIONAL ROSE) Organized by IBM. Nov. 2008.
3. Workshop on Image and Speech Processing WISP 2010 was conducted on Thursday, 16th December 2010
4. Workshop on Image and Speech Processing WISP 2012 was conducted on Saturday, 17th December 2011
1. Participated in JENESYS programme (May 6-15, 2012) in Japan
2. IEEE SPCOM Travel Grant in India 2012
3. Biomed summer school Travel Grant 2013
4. Selected for Research Excellence award for outstanding research performance in Ph.D Program 2014
5. Selected for XRCI 2014 Research Colloquium, India, 2015 with Travel grant
6. Selected for ISBA 2015 Doctoral Consortium in Hong Kong, 2015 with Travel grant
7. National Mathematics Initiative Travel Grant 2015
8. IEEE Signal Processing Society Travel Grant 2016