: 0870 2462633
Interests: Process Control; Reinforcement Learning; Process Dynamics; Wastewater Treatment; Hybrid Energy Systems.
Associate Editor, Chemical Product and Process Modeling (June 2021 - )
Review Editor, Frontiers in Control Engineering Journal (2020 - )
Member of IFAC TC 2.1 Control Design (2020 - )
Executive member, Advanced Control and Dynamic Optimization (ACODS) Society (2020 - )
Sheik Abdul Gaffar, S. Murali Mohan and A. Seshagiri Rao*, Fuzzy Logic Control of Active Sludge based Wastewater Treatment Plants, Chapter in the book 'Soft computing techniques in solid waste and wastewater management', Accepted, January 2021, Elsevier.
Thulasya Naik B, Ravi Kumar J and Seshagiri Rao Ambati, Real-time implementation of PID controller for cylindrical tank system using short-range wireless communication, chapter in the book Modeling, Simulation and Intelligent Computing (Edited by Goel et al.), Springer Nature, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Volume-659, Pages: 430-443, 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-4775-1.
E. Chandra Mohan Goud, A. Seshagiri Rao* and M. Chidambaram, Simple PID controller design for Non-minimum Phase FOPTD and SOPTD processes, Intelligent Algorithms for Analysis and Control of Dynamical Systems” chapter in the book Intelligent Algorithms for Analysis and Control of Dynamical Systems, (Editors: Kumar, Rajesh, Singh, V. P., Mathur, Akhilesh) Springer, 2020.
G. Maruthi Prasad, A. Adithya and A. Seshagiri Rao*, Design of multi model fractional controllers for non-linear systems: An experimental investigation, chapter in the book Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, Anton A. Kiss, Edwin Zondervan, Richard Lakerveld, Leyla Özkan (Eds.), Elsevier, Volume 46, 2019.
R. Ranganayakulu, G. Uday Bhaskar Babu and A. Seshagiri Rao, Design of Fractional Filter Fractional Order Proportional Integral Derivative (FFFOPID) controller for higher order systems, chapter in the book Emerging Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology for Society, Energy and Environment, CRC Press, edited by Rajesh Vanchipura and K.S. Jiji, 2018.
R. Saravanane, Vivek V. Ranade, Vinay M. Bhandari and A. Seshagiri Rao, Urban wastewater treatment for recycle and reuse in industrial applications – Indian scenario, chapter in the book Industrial Wastewater Treatment, Recycling and Reuse, Elsevier, Edited by Vinay M. Bhandari and Vivek V. Ranade, 2014.
A. Seshagiri Rao and M. Chidambaram, PID control of unstable and integrating processes, chapter in the book PID control in third millennium: lessons learned and new approaches, Editors: R. Valanova and A. Visioli, Springer, 2012.
International Conference on New Frontiers in Chemical, Energy and Environmental Engineering (INCEEE) during March 20-21, 2015. Coordinators: K. Anand Kishore, S. Srinath and A. Seshagiri Rao
Duo-India grant to visit The Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Spain and work on Machine learning based control for wastewater treatment plants, Euro 3000, 2021.
Low cost innovative technology for water quality monitoring and water resources management for urban and rural water systems in India (LOTUS), Indo-European project under HORIZON-2020, 2019-2024.
Development of Advanced Automatic Control based Wastewater Treatment Process towards Sustainable Water-Energy-Food Nexus, DST Funding under Water Technology Initiative (WTI) scheme, Rs. 67.48 Lakhs, 2021 - 2024.
1. Advanced control of chemical processes involving time delays, funded by DST under fast track scheme for young scientists, Rs. 18 Lakhs, 2010-2013.
2. Advanced modeling, control and decision support tools for flexible and optimal water treatment plants, Indo-European networking project funded by New INDIGO - DST (www.newindigo-atwat.com), with partners from NCL, Pune (India), PEC, Pondicherry (India), University of Gent (Belgium), University of Girona (Spain), Catalan Water Agency (Spain), Euro 1,00,000, 2012-2014.
3. NMEICT-MHRD sponsored Pedagogy project for development of course modules for Instrumentation & Process Control, 2013-2014. (Principal developer: Prof. T. K. Radhakrishnan, NIT Trichy)
4. MHRD sponsored RSG grant worth Rs. 4.5 Lakhs for the project Advanced modeling and control of biological waste water treatment plants, 2014-2015.
5. Advanced control of wastewater treatment plants for improved effluent quality, cost reduction and effluent violations removal, SERB-Extra Mural Research Funding, Rs. 40.4 Lakhs, 2017-2020.
6. Nonlinear model predictive control of wastewater treatment plants, Indian National Science Academy (INSA)-German Research Foundation (DFG) funding under Bilateral Exchange Programme 2019, INR and Euro 5250, 2019.