Interests: Molecular Cell Biology & Protein Biochemistry Molecular Approach to Infectious Diseases Molecular & Biochemical Parasitology
Teaching Responsibilities (Current & Past)
Journal Publication Details
25. Sasidharan S, and Prakash S*. Mapping N- and C-terminals of Leishmania donovani tyrosine aminotransferase by gene truncation strategy: A functional study using in vitro and in silico approaches. Scientific Reports, (Accepted). (2020)
24. Sasidharan S, Chandrabose Selvaraj, Sanjeev K Singh, Vikash K Dubey, Sachin Kumar, Arsenio M. Fialho, and Prakash S*. Bacterial protein azurin and derived peptides as potential anti-SARS-CoV-2 agents: insights from molecular docking and molecular dynamics simulations. Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics, (Accepted). (2020) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07391102.2020.1787864
23. Raj S, Sasidharan S, Balaji S N, Vikash K Dubey, and Prakash S*.Review on natural products as an alternative to contemporary anti-leishmanial therapeutics. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics, (Accepted). (2020) DOI: 10.1007/s42485-020-00035-w31
22. Raj S, Sasidharan S, Balaji S N, and Prakash S*.An overview of biochemically characterized drug targets in metabolic pathways of Leishmania parasite. Parasitology Research, (Accepted). (2020) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00436-020-06736-x
21. Sasidharan S, and Prakash S*. Concerted motion of structure and active site charge is required for tyrosine aminotransferase activity in Leishmania parasite. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 232: 118133. (2020) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2020.118133
20. Bora N, Sasidharan S, Raj S, Balaji S N, and Prakash S*. Utilising capsid proteins of poliovirus to design a multi-epitope based subunit vaccine by immunoinformatics approach. Molecular Simulation, 46(5), 419-428. (2020) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/08927022.2020.1720916
19. Mittal A, Sasidharan S, Raj S, Balaji S N, and Prakash S*. Exploring the Zika Genome to Design a Potential Multiepitope Vaccine Using an Immunoinformatics Approach. International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics, 1-10, (2020) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10989-020-10020-y
18. B Bharath, S Sasidharan, SK Bhamidipati, and Prakash S*. Green-Synthesized FeSO4 Nanoparticles Exhibit Antibacterial and Cytotoxic Activity by DNA Degradation. Current pharmaceutical biotechnology. (Accepted), (2019) DOI: 10.2174/1389201021666200101111643
17. Raj S, Saha G, Sasidharan S, Vikash K Dubey, and Prakash S*. Biochemical characterization and chemical validation of Leishmania MAP Kinase-3 as a potential drug target. Scientific Reports, 9, 16209 (2019). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-52774-6
16. Sasidharan S, and Prakash S*. Biochemical and structural characterization of tyrosine aminotransferase suggests broad substrate specificity and a two-state folding mechanism in Leishmania donovani. FEBS open bio, 9(10), 1769-1783. (2019) DOI: 10.1002/2211-5463.12715
15. Raj S, Sasidharan S, Vikash K Dubey, and Prakash S*. Identification of lead molecules against potential drug target protein MAPK4 from L. donovani: An in-silico approach using docking, molecular dynamics and binding free energy calculation. PLoS ONE, 14(8): e0221331. (2019) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0221331
14. Jay P, Yadav S, Saha G, Chiranjivi A K, Kumar S, Sasidharan S, Prakash S*, and Vikash K Dubey*. Episomal expression of human glutathione reductase (HuGR) in Leishmania sheds light on evolutionary pressure for unique redox metabolism pathway: Impaired stress tolerance ability of Leishmania donovani. International journal of biological macromolecules, 121, 498-507. (2019) (*Corrosponding authors)
13. Mayuri B, Kavitha P, Raj S, Prakash S, Durgaiah G, Narsimha R Y, and Laxma R K., Novel Schiff based complexes: Synthesis, characterization, DNA binding, DNA cleavage, and molecular docking studies. Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society journal, 15(6), 1377-1389. (2018)
12. Prakash S and Vikash K. Dubey. Molecular Mechanisms of In vitro Betulin Induced Apoptosis of Leishmania donovani. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 90, 354-360. (2014)
11. Prakash S and Vikash K. Dubey. Carbon Nanotube Based Betulin Formulation shows better efficacy against Leishmania parasite. Parasitology International, 63, 772-776. (2014)
10. Prakash S, Shyam Lal Mudavath, Pipas Saha, Anil K. Saikia, Shyam Sundar and Vikash Kumar Dubey. In vivo assessment of antileishmanial property of 4-(4,4,8-Trimethyl-7-oxo-3-oxabicyclo[3.3.1]non-2-yl)- benzoic acid methyl ester, an oxabicyclo [3.3.1] nonanones. Letters in Drug Design and Discovery, 11, 937-939. (2014)
9. Saravanan P, Prakash S, Vikash K. Dubey and Sanjukta Patra. Discovery of novel anti-leishmanial agents targeting LdLip3 lipase. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling. 49, 68-79. (2014)
8. Prakash S, Saha P, Anil K. Saikia and Vikash K. Dubey. Molecular mechanism underlying antileishmanial effect of oxabicyclo[3.3.1]nonanones: Inhibition of key redox enzymes of the pathogen European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics. 2013, 85, 569-577. (2013)
7. Prakash S?, Mousumi Das?, Shyam Sunder and Vikash K. Dubey. Miltefosine unresponsive Leishmania donovani has better ability of resist reactive oxygen species. FEBS Journal; 280, 4807-4815. (2013) (? Equal contribution).
6. Hazara S, Ghosh S, Sharma MD, Das M, Prakash S, Prajapati V.K, Dubey V.K, Sundar S, Hazra B. Evaluation of a diospyrin derivative as antileishmanial agent and potential modulators of ornithine decarboxylase of Leishmania donovani. Experimental Parasitology. 135, 407-413. (2013)
5. Abhinav Grover, Sushil K. Shakyawar, Prakash S, Vikash K. Dubey and Sundar Durai. Epitopic analysis of potential vaccine candidate in Leishmania infantum for development of human vaccine. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery. 9, 698-705. (2012)
4. Ruchika Bhardwaj, Prakash S and Vikash K. Dubey. Nanobiosciences: A contemporary line for Antiparasitic Drug. Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology. 4, 97-103. (2012)
3. Prakash S and Vikash K. Dubey. Cloning, expression, characterization, and inhibition studies on trypanothione synthetase, a drug target enzyme, from Leishmania donovani. Biological Chemistry. 392, 1113-1122. (2011)
2. Santhosh K. Venkatesan, Prakash S, Anil K. Shukla and Vikash K. Dubey. Screening natural products database for identification of potential anti- leishmanial chemotherapeutic agents. Interdiscip. Sci. Comput. Life Sci. 3, 1-15. (2011)
1. Santhosh K. Venkatesan, Prakash S and Vikash K. Dubey. Identification of novel inhibitors of trypanothione synthetase from two Leishmania species: Comparative in silico analysis. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics. 2, 41-48. (2011)
Ongoing Ph.D. Students
Conference, Seminar & Workshop Conducted:
3. National Conference on "Molecular Biotechnology". Funded by TEQIP-lll, NITW, 4th-5th January 2019. Coordinators: Dr. Prakash Saudagar & Dr. K. Divakar.
2. "Continuous Education Program on "Molecular Biotechnology: Tools & Techniques". Funded by TEQIP-lll, NITW, 22th-26th October 2018. Coordinators: Dr. Prakash Saudagar & Dr. K. Divakar.
1. Teaching and Learning of Molecular Biology and Enzymology through hands-on Experience. Funded by TLC-NITW, PMMMTNMTT, MHRD, Govt. of India. 18th-23th September 2018. Coordinators: Dr. Prakash Saudagar, Dr. K. Divakar & Dr. R Satish Babu.
10. Prakash Saudagar. "Studies on mitogen-activated protein kinase of Leishmania parasite as a therapeutic target, Recent Advancements in Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology (RABAB), Indian Institute of Technology BHU (IIT BHU), Varanasi, India, March 15-16, 2019.[Invited talk]
9. Prakash Saudagar* and Vikash Kumar Dubey. "Molecular mechanism and increased antileishmanial activity of carbon nanotube based betulin forulation". International Conference on Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology-2016 (ICONAN-2016), University Pierre and Marie Curie in Paris, France, September 28-30,2016. [ Poster]
8. Prakash Saudagar* and Vikash Kumar Dubey. "Betulin attached to functionalized carbon nanotubes showed better efficacy against Leishmania parasite". 2nd International Conference on Infectious Diseases and Nanomedicine-2015 (ICIDN-2015), Kathmandu, Nepal, December 15-18,2015. [Best poster Award].
7. Prakash Saudagar*. 7th IEEE International Conference on "Technology For Education-2015 (T4E-2015)", held at National Institute of Technology Warangal (NITW), Warangal, India, December 09-12th, 2015.
6. Prakash Saudagar*. Redox Metabolism in Leishmania Parasite. Recent Developments in Medical Biotechnology and Structure Based Drug Designing-2015 (RDMBSBDD-2015), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), Guwahati, India. December 06-07,2015. [Invited talk].
5. Prakash Saudagar and Vikash K. Dubey*. Oxabicyclo derivatives as a new class of antileishmanial agents:target identification and understanding molecular mechanism of parasite death. International Meeting on Emerging Diseases and Surveillance (IMED 2013). Vienna, Austria. February 15-18, 2013. [DST Travel Award].
4. Prakash Saudagar and Vikash Kumar Dubey*. Trypanothione Synthetase from L. donovani : Cloning, expression, characterization, and inhibition studies. 80th Annual Meeting of Society of Biological Chemists, held at Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP), Lucknow, India, November 12-15, 2011. [Best poster Award].
3. Prakash Saudagar and Vikash Kumar Dubey*. Trypanothion synthetase: A validated drug target enzyme from Leishmania donovani. The 18th International Conference (POST ISCBC-2012) IASST Guwahati, Assam, India. January 28-30, 2012.[ Poster]
2. Vikash Kumar Dubey, Anil Kuamr Shukla and Prakash Saudagar. Current trends in anti-leishmanial drug discovery. International conference on New Horizones in Biotechnology, Trivandrum, India, November 21-24, 2011. [Invited talk].
1. Prakash Saudagar, Santhosh Kannan Venkatesan and Vikash Kumar Dubey*. Molecular modeling, virtual screening and comparative analysis of. Trypanothione Synthetase from L. donovani and L. major for the identification of new inhibitors as a drug. International Conference on Frontiers on Biological Sciences. NIT, Rourkela. October 1-3, 2010. [Oral presentation].
2. Prakash Saudagar*. 7th IEEE International Conference on "Technology For Education-2015 (T4E-2015)", held at National Institute of Technology Warangal (NITW), Warangal, India, December 09-12th, 2015.
1. Short Term Training Programme on " Computational Drug Design using Molecular Docking and Virtual Screening", VNIT Nagpur, March 12-14th, 2015.
R & D Projects
1.Title: "Identification of novel drug candidates for leishmaniasis: Studies on redox enzymes of the parasite"
PI: Dr. Prakash Saudagar (PI)
Funding Agency: Research seed grant, NIT Warangal
Period of Support: 2014-2016.
2.Title: "Studies on Mitogen-activated protein kinase of Leishmania parasite as a therapeutic target".
PI: Dr. Prakash Saudagar (PI)
Funding Agency: SERB (DST, Govt. of India)
Period of Support: 2015-2018
3.Title: "Ultrasonic encapsulation of bioactive compounds to deliver in the food matrix".
PI: Prof. Shirish H Sonawane (PI)
Co-PI: Dr. Prakash Saudagar
Funding Agency: DST, Govt. of India, (India-Russia Joint Call)
Period of Support: 2018-2020
4.Title: "Characterization and validation of tyrosine aminotransferase from Leishmania donovani as a potential drug target".
PI: Dr. Prakash Saudagar (PI)
Funding Agency: SERB (DST, Govt. of India)
Period of Support: 2019-2022