Interests: Molecular and Biochemical parasitology,
Teaching Responsibilities (Current & Past)
Journal Publication Details
12. Prakash Saudagar and Vikash K. Dubey. (2014) Molecular Mechanisms of In vitro Betulin Induced Apoptosis of Leishmania donovani. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 90, 354-360.
11. Prakash Saudagar and Vikash K. Dubey. (2014) Carbon Nanotube Based Betulin Formulation shows better efficacy against Leishmania parasite. Parasitology International, 63, 772-776.
10. Prakash Saudagar, Shyam Lal Mudavath, Pipas Saha, Anil K. Saikia, Shyam Sundar and Vikash Kumar Dubey. (2014) In vivo assessment of antileishmanial property of 4-(4,4,8-Trimethyl-7-oxo-3-oxabicyclo[3.3.1]non-2-yl)- benzoic acid methyl ester, an oxabicyclo [3.3.1] nonanones. Letters in Drug Design and Discovery, 11, 937-939.
9. Saravanan P, Prakash Saudagar, Vikash K. Dubey and Sanjukta Patra. (2014) Discovery of novel anti-leishmanial agents targeting LdLip3 lipase. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling. 49, 68-79.
8. Prakash Saudagar, Saha P, Anil K. Saikia and Vikash K. Dubey. (2013) Molecular mechanism underlying antileishmanial effect of oxabicyclo[3.3.1]nonanones: Inhibition of key redox enzymes of the pathogen European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics. 2013, 85, 569-577.
7. Prakash Saudagar?, Mousumi Das?, Shyam Sunder and Vikash K. Dubey. (2013) Miltefosine unresponsive Leishmania donovani has better ability of resist reactive oxygen species. FEBS Journal; 280, 4807-4815 (? Equal contribution).
6. Hazara S, Ghosh S, Sharma MD, Das M, Prakash Saudagar, Prajapati V.K, Dubey V.K, Sundar S, Hazra B. (2013) Evaluation of a diospyrin derivative as antileishmanial agent and potential modulators of ornithine decarboxylase of Leishmania donovani. Experimental Parasitology. 135, 407-413.
5. Abhinav Grover, Sushil K. Shakyawar, Prakash Saudagar, Vikash K. Dubey and Sundar Durai. (2012) Epitopic analysis of potential vaccine candidate in Leishmania infantum for development of human vaccine. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery. 9, 698-705.
4. Ruchika Bhardwaj, Prakash Saudagar and Vikash K. Dubey. (2012) Nanobiosciences: A contemporary line for Antiparasitic Drug. Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology. 4, 97-103.
3. Prakash Saudagar and Vikash K. Dubey. (2011) Cloning, expression, characterization, and inhibition studies on trypanothione synthetase, a drug target enzyme, from Leishmania donovani. Biological Chemistry. 392, 1113-1122.
2. Santhosh K. Venkatesan, Prakash Saudagar, Anil K. Shukla and Vikash K. Dubey. (2011) Screening natural products database for identification of potential anti- leishmanial chemotherapeutic agents. Interdiscip. Sci. Comput. Life Sci. 3, 1-15.
1. Santhosh K. Venkatesan, Prakash Saudagar and Vikash K. Dubey. (2011) Identification of novel inhibitors of trypanothione synthetase from two Leishmania species: Comparative in silico analysis. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics. 2, 41-48.
Ongoing Ph.D. Students
9. Prakash Saudagar* and Vikash Kumar Dubey. "Molecular mechanism and increased antileishmanial activity of carbon nanotube based betulin forulation". International Conference on Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology-2016 (ICONAN-2016), University Pierre and Marie Curie in Paris, France, September 28-30,2016. [ Poster]
8. Prakash Saudagar* and Vikash Kumar Dubey. "Betulin attached to functionalized carbon nanotubes showed better efficacy against Leishmania parasite". 2nd International Conference on Infectious Diseases and Nanomedicine-2015 (ICIDN-2015), Kathmandu, Nepal, December 15-18,2015. [Best poster Award].
7. Prakash Saudagar*. 7th IEEE International Conference on "Technology For Education-2015 (T4E-2015)", held at National Institute of Technology Warangal (NITW), Warangal, India, December 09-12th, 2015.
6. Prakash Saudagar*. Redox Metabolism in Leishmania Parasite. Recent Developments in Medical Biotechnology and Structure Based Drug Designing-2015 (RDMBSBDD-2015), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), Guwahati, India. December 06-07,2015. [Invited talk].
5. Prakash Saudagar and Vikash K. Dubey*. Oxabicyclo derivatives as a new class of antileishmanial agents:target identification and understanding molecular mechanism of parasite death. International Meeting on Emerging Diseases and Surveillance (IMED 2013). Vienna, Austria. February 15-18, 2013. [DST Travel Award].
4. Prakash Saudagar and Vikash Kumar Dubey*. Trypanothione Synthetase from L. donovani : Cloning, expression, characterization, and inhibition studies. 80th Annual Meeting of Society of Biological Chemists, held at Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP), Lucknow, India, November 12-15, 2011. [Best poster Award].
3. Prakash Saudagar and Vikash Kumar Dubey*. Trypanothion synthetase: A validated drug target enzyme from Leishmania donovani. The 18th International Conference (POST ISCBC-2012) IASST Guwahati, Assam, India. January 28-30, 2012.[ Poster]
2. Vikash Kumar Dubey, Anil Kuamr Shukla and Prakash Saudagar. Current trends in anti-leishmanial drug discovery. International conference on New Horizones in Biotechnology, Trivandrum, India, November 21-24, 2011. [Invited talk].
1. Prakash Saudagar, Santhosh Kannan Venkatesan and Vikash Kumar Dubey*. Molecular modeling, virtual screening and comparative analysis of. Trypanothione Synthetase from L. donovani and L. major for the identification of new inhibitors as a drug. International Conference on Frontiers on Biological Sciences. NIT, Rourkela. October 1-3, 2010. [Oral presentation].
2. Prakash Saudagar*. 7th IEEE International Conference on "Technology For Education-2015 (T4E-2015)", held at National Institute of Technology Warangal (NITW), Warangal, India, December 09-12th, 2015.
1. Short Term Training Programme on " Computational Drug Design using Molecular Docking and Virtual Screening", VNIT Nagpur, March 12-14th, 2015.
R & D Projects
1.Title: "Identification of novel drug candidates for leishmaniasis: Studies on redox enzymes of the parasite"
PI: Dr. Prakash Saudagar (PI)
Funding Agency: Research seed grant, NIT Warangal
Period of Support: 2014-16.
2.Title: "Studies on Mitogen-activated protein kinase of Leishmania parasite as a therapeutic target".
PI: Dr. Prakash Saudagar (PI)
Funding Agency: SERB (DST, Govt. of India)
Period of Support: 2015-18