Interests: Mechanical, Thermal and Bioactivity studies on Biopolymers and Composites; Nanogenerators; Radiation effects on Polymers; Fiber Bragg sensors; Glasses and Glass Ceramics; Highly correlated electron systems.
Dr. T.V. Appa Rao is an Associate Professor in the Department of Physics. National Institute of Technology, Warangal. He is working at NIT, Waranagl from January, 2008. Earlier, he worked as Assistant Professor at Kakatiya University, Warangal from 1994 to January, 2008. He got his M.Sc. degree in Physics with Electronics specialization from Kakatiya University, Warangal in 1987. He cleared UGC-CSIR JRF exam in the year 1988 and got his Ph.D. degree in 1994 for his thesis "Theoretical study of rare earth compounds and alloys". So far he has published about 35 papers in reputed national and international journals. His current field of research is on improving the mechanical and thermal properties of biodegradable polymers; Bioactivity Studies; Biocomposites and blends; radiation effects on polymers; fiber optic sensors.
1. Rajeswara Rao Nakka (R.No. 700975) "Spectroscopic and Thermal Studies on Gamma- and Electron Beam Irradiated Biopolymers" (June 2015)
2. Venkata Reddy Mamidi (R.No. 701321) "Experimental Studies on High-Temperature Measurement using Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors" (August 2016)
3. Mr. Ashish Kumar (R. No. 716053) "Compatibilization and characterization of bio based and bio degradable poly lactic acid based blends and composites" (August, 2019)
1. Mr. Kaitha Rajaiah (Part-Time Scholar from ISRO July-2017) on "Development of quantum clock"
2. Mr. Allam Akshaykranth (Full-Time Institute Scholar Dec-2017).
3. Mr. N. Jaya Rambabu (Full-Time Project JRF June-2019)
4. Ms. Nakka Anitha (Full-Time Institute Fellow July-2020)
M.Sc.(Tech) Projects Completed:
Biplab Ranjan Ghosh (165906), Optical Design of f-Theta Lens for Laser Scanning Applications (2019).
Pratim Hazarika (155911), Design and Optimization of FEW Mode Optical Fiber for Space Division Multiplexing (2018).
Workshops/ Seminars/ Conferences Conducted:
Coordinator of the Three Day Faculty Development Workshop on Concept Based Teaching and Learning Physics Through Experiments in Undergraduate Education (CTLP-2017) organized by the Department of Physics, NIT, Warangal during 2-4 March 2017 in association with TLC, NIT, Warangal.
Coordinator for a five day GIAN course on "Quantum Theory of Magnetism " conducted by Department of physics, NIT Warangal from 30th Oct to 3rd Nov, 2017.
Research Seminars/ Conferences/ Workshops etc. attended
Short term Training Programs (STTPs), Certificate courses, FDP, etc. attended:
The research project entitled "Development of fully bio-based and biodegradable polymer and bamboo fiber composites for commercial applications" by Maharashtra Bamboo Development Board, Nagpur under national Bamboo Mission for an amount of Rs. 35 Lakhs from 01.05.2019 onwards.
Participation in Curriculum Development: