Interests: Bi-directional DC-DC converters, Energy Storage system, Digital Control system
Six years of experience at the level of assistant professor.
Areas of Interest in teaching
He has a research and teaching experience of 6 years and has been teaching various undergraduate as well as post graduate courses over the last two year such as basic electrical technology, digital signal processors, utilization of electrical energy, Power electronics, switch mode power conversion and electric traction. He is a member of IEEE and faculty advisor to electrical engineering department. Presently he is focusing towards the power electronic applications to smart grid and micro grid systems with renewable energy sources, bi-directional DC-DC converters. And on development of driver circuit for energy efficient light emitting diodes. Actively looking for industry collaboration. Presently he is guiding undergraduate, post graduate thesis as well Ph.D. students too.
Awards and Distinctions:
Deutschen Akademischen Austauschdienstes (DAAD) stipend from Germany in the year 2007
1. Book on "Fundamentals on power electronics" publisher Tata Mc-Graw Hill, India for the year 2016.
1. Delivered a key note address for the 3rd international conference on IEEE-EEECOS-2016 on "Advances in energy storage for renewable energy system" .
Power Electronics, Switched Mode Power Supplies, Utilization of Electrical Energy, Electric Traction, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Signal Processors, Analysis of Power Converters, Linear Control Systems, Basic Electrical Engineering.
1. Arun Kumar C R, Udaya Bhasker Manthati, “Design and small signal modeling of Battery-Supercapacitor HESS for DC Microgrid” during 17th -20th October 2019 to the IEEE TENCON 2019 at Kerala, India.
2. Udaya Bhasker Manthati, Annu K M, Srinivas Punna, “Analysis of Sliding Mode Controller and PI Controller for distributed energy systems” during 25th -28th June 2019 to the IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid and Smart Cities (IEEE-ICSGSC 2019) at University of California, Berekeley, USA.
3. Punna Srinivas, Udaya Bhasker Manthati, “FOPID controller for Multiple-Input Bidirectional DC-DC Power Converter of HESS” for Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems (JARDCS-2018), ISSN 1943-023X, Vol. 10, Pages: 404-416, 13-Special Issue, USA.
4. Sangani Prashanth, Udaya Bhasker Manthati, Vishnu Sidharthan P, Srinivas Punna, “Efficient Interleaved Buck Converter Driver for LED applications”, during 26thFebruary – 01st March 2019 to the IEEE International conference on sustainable energy technologies and systems (IEEE-ICSETS-2019), at Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India.
5. P Vishnu Sidharthan, K Srikanth, M Udaya Bhasker, M S Chandrasekhar, T.S. Balasubramanian, “Energy harvesting from series connected piezo electric discs” during 22nd -24th December 2018 to Telangana State Science Congress (TSSC-2018) at NIT-W, Warangal, Telangana, India.
6. Vishnu Sidharthan, Udaya Bhasker M, Srikanth Korla, M S Chandrasekhar, “ Energy Harvesting of Piezoelectric with Synchronized switch harvesting on Inductor”, during 27th -28th July 2018 to the International conference on Recent Innovations in electrical, electronics & communication engineering (IEEE-ICRIEECE-2018) at Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India.(in press)
7. Rajnikanth Puli, Srinivas Punna, Udaya Bhasker Manthati, “Voltage regulation of DC micro grid using BESS based Bi-directional DC-DC converter” for International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 13, Number 4 (2018) Spl.
Title of the workshop
Duration & Venue
A national level FDP on "Applications of Digital Signal Processing Techniques for Power Electronic Systems"
13th-18th May 2019
at NIT-W, India.
Udaya Bhasker Manthati
Suresh Babu Perli
A national level workshop on ï¿½??Power Electronic Applications-2013ï¿½?? at NIT-W
14th -18th October 2013 at NIT-Warangal, India.
Udaya Bhasker Manthati
S P Selvi
A national level winter FDP on "Power Electronics" jointly organized by Electronics &ICT academies.
11th -20th December 2017 at NIT-Warangal,India
Udaya Bhasker Manthati
1. Attended GIAN short term course on Advanced Adjustable Speed AC motor drive systems: Applications, problems & solutions at National Institute of Technology-Goa during 15th -20th May 2017.
2. Attended a short term course on Automatic Control systems Engineering with MATLAB/SIMULINK at Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram during 17th -20th May 2016.
International Training Schools:
Newton-Bhabha India UK Advanced Training School on ï¿½??Optimal Design and control of smart community: New Ideas for off-grid communitiesï¿½??, during November 07-17, 2016 at IIT-Gandhinagar, India.
1. Session Chair for the 3rd International Conference on Smart Grid and Smart Cities (IEEE-ICSGSC-2019), during 25-28 June 2019 at University of California, Berekeley, USA.
2. Delivered a Lecture on ï¿½??Hybrid energy storage system for smart electric grid systemï¿½?? for the programme on RAEER-2017 at Sri Venkateshwara University College of Engineering, Tirupati.
3. Delivered a lecture on "Digital Signal Processing" during 14th-15th October 2017 at NIT-AP, Tadepalligudem.
1. Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Research Centre Imarat (RCI-Hyderabad), India sponsored Project (vide sanction letter RCI/DCMM/LPD/CARS-389, dated
17.01.2017) entitled ï¿½??Modeling and Simulation of energy harvesting using piezo materials and super capacitorsï¿½??.
1. University of California, Berekeley, USA, June 2019
2. Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain for the year 2007-2011.
3. FH-Deggendorf, Deggendorf, Germany in the year 2006-2007.
Spanish language: Nivel Primero de Escola oficial dï¿½??Idiomes de Barcelona ï¿½?? Drassanes, Spain.
1. Presently web site In-charge for EE Department
2. Worked as Faculty Advisor to EE Department since AY 2017-18.
3. Worked as Treasurer for EEA since AY 2014-15 to AY 2016-17.
4. Worked as Time-Table In-charge during AY 2012-13 & 2013-14.