Areas of Research
Department of Physics is well known for its research and development activities. Every year, the faculty of the department are awarded with different projects from various funding agencies like DST, BRNS, DAE etc.
Currently in the Department of Physics, the research is going in the following areas.
- Fiber Optics Sensors
- Fiber Bragg Gratings
- Quantum Optics
- Non-linear Optics
- Structurl Health Monitoring using FBGs
- Bioglasses and Bio Ceramics
- Nuclear Physics
- Polymer Materials
- Organic and Polymer solar cells
- Transparent Conducting Oxides and Electrochromics
- Thin Films and Nanomaterials
- Magnetic & Spintronics Materials