Mini Center of Excellence for Big Data
Coordinators : Prof D V L N Somayajulu and Dr R B V Subramanyam
- Fund sanctioned by NIT-Warangal : so far Rs.80.0 lakhs out of proposed Rs.1.0 crore.
The following are the specifications of a high-end-Server available in the center.
- HP make and ProLiant DL 980 Gen 7 model:
- 8 x Intel Xeon CPU E7 -2830 (2.14 GHz/ 8 – core/ 24 MB / 105w) Processor
- Intel 7500 chip set with node controller
- 512 GB RAM
- HP SA 410i RAID controller with 1GB
- 6*600GB 10K HDD
- 4 x dual port Giga Bit Ethernet NIC
- 2 x 10GBPS Ethernet Card
- OS: CentOS 6.5 with Hadoop 2.2
- Education : Currently, Coordinators are offering courses (i) Data Science, (ii) Big Data Analytics to I year - I sem M.Tech. (CSE) class
- Training : 1. One day workshop on "Big Data Analytics" conducted with C-DAC, Bangalore at Bangalore on 15-Feb-2014.
2. ABCD-2014 - TEQIP-II sponsored A Five day workshop on Architecture, Algorithms, Analytics for Big Data using Cloud and Distributed Computing - a joint programme with C-DAC, Pune during 7-11 March, 2014.
3. 4th International Conference on Big Data Analytics was held during 15-18 December, 2015.
- Research : Currently, 4 M.Tech. students and 2 Ph.D. scholars are working on areas of Big Data Analytics.